To create virtual tours you have to capture 360° images. It is the easiest way to document your construction site as detailed as possible. Capture the site during the course of the construction to create an accurate overview over the progress of the construction site.
NOTE: before taking photos you should first upload at least one sheet to your HoloBuilder project. Read here how to do so.
To then take photos, you need to connect a 360° camera. You can find information on this in the instruction manual for your 360° camera. Additionally, we provided more detailed instructions and a list of all compatible cameras in this separate article.
Capture 360° images
- In order to capture a 360° image, open the JobWalkApp on your mobile device. In your project list, open the project for which you would like to capture new images.
- Open the respective sheet in the project that should contain the new images.
- Now, place your 360° camera in the room where you want to take the image.
- In the app, tap on a location on the sheet to open the context menu at the bottom of your screen. Tap on the now available grey round Capture 360 button to trigger the 360° camera.
5. After taking an image, you can take a look at your 360° photo. If you are satisfied
with the image, tap Confirm.
If you want to retake the image, just tap Retake to take another shot.
6. To edit and change the room's name, tap on the small pencil icon in the upper
right corner of your screen.
7. Back on the sheet: A yellow circle, also called Waypoint, indicates in which rooms
you already took pictures. To retake those pictures, rename the room or remove it
from your tour, tap on the corresponding Waypoint and select the Open function.
8. You can rename the whole sheet by tapping the edit icon when in the project
9. Once you have finished your tour, tap the upload icon to queue it for upload to
your HoloBuilder account.
Insert direct links between scenes
- Select the sheet you want to edit the scenes of.
- Tap on a Waypoint on the sheet and select Open to edit the scene.
- The arrow icon on the right side of your screen opens the Pick a scene to link to list. From that list, select the scene you want to link to.
To delete a link, tap on the link in the scene and select DELETE.
Edit your complete project in the web editor. Make sure to synchronize the version on your mobile device with the cloud so that you edit the most recent version of the web editor and no progress gets lost.
Synchronize your tours
- To upload the tour to HoloBuilder and make it accessible in the cloud from wherever you are, your smartphone needs to be connected to the internet. Now, there are two possibilities how you can upload your project.
1.1. In your projects list, click the Upload button in the upper right corner of your screen to upload all projects from your device to the Web Editor/Dashboard.
1.2. Open a specific project that you would like to upload. Then click the Upload button, also in the upper right corner of your screen. This way you synchronize only one specific project instead of all projects on your device.
- If you do not have access to the internet at the moment, or if you want to create another tour just tap the Upload icon to queue it for upload and carry on.
If you forget to upload your scenes, because you try to delete a project that has unsaved changes, the JobWalk app will warn you.
What might also interest you:
- How to upload sheets in the JobWalk App
- Create or edit a project in the JobWalk App
- How to work with JobWalk Planner Location Markers in the JobWalk App