IMPORTANT: In order to be able to export the 360 views from Autodesk® Navisworks® to HoloBuilder, you will need to have edit permissions on the related HoloBuilder project, e.g. at least a Project Editor role, and the project needs to have an active license on HoloBuilder.
This tutorial explains how to
- Export 360 views of your 3D model in Naviswork to an existing HoloBuilder according to the set Waypoints and Location Markers on a sheet.
This will automatically generate 360 views according to the location markers or waypoint positions in your 3D model and upload these to the existing sheets of the selected HoloBuilder project.
- Find an overview of all other options with the Naviswork add-in here.
To export your Autodesk® Navisworks® 360 renderings of your 3D model to your existing HoloBuilder project, make sure to have the latest HoloBuilder Add-In for Autodesk® Navisworks® installed correctly.
- In HoloBuilder: Have a project including sheet files with 360 images already added for progress capturing.
- Alternatively, have the locations marked with the location marker tool on the sheet for image capturing with the JobWalk Planner.
Exporting your Naviswork 360 Views to HoloBuilder
There are 3 main steps in Navisworks to create and upload 360 views of your 3D model to the locations of an existing HoloBuilder project:
- Add sheet views in Navisworks
- Link to a HoloBuilder sheet in Navisworks
- Export 360 view for the existing waypoints: Generate the actual 360 views for the predefined locations and export these renderings to the locations/waypoints in the HoloBuilder project - jump to section below.
- Optional - View/edit project in HoloBuilder: Arrange the locations of the new waypoints for the imported 360 views on your sheets in the web editor or with the JobWalk app, and share and view your project in the web viewer - jump to section below.
Please note that this tutorial is to upload 360 Navisworks views to an existing HoloBuilder project with sheets including 360 waypoints or location markers. To create a completely new project from within your HoloBuilder Navisworks Plug-In, please follow this tutorial.
- 1. Creating a sheet view -
Specify the sheet(s)/floor plan(s) from the 3D model to be used for linking the Navisworks area and the sheet of the HoloBuilder project.
Learn more on how to create new sheet views here.
- 2. Link the Naviswork sheet view to the HoloBuilder Sheet -
Choose an existing HoloBuilder project and align a chosen Naviswork sheet view with a sheet of the project - Learn how to link your sheet view in Naviswork and the HoloBuilder sheet here.
Note: Make sure that the sheets used for the HoloBuilder project have already waypoints or location markers attached to them. This step will automatically generate the 360 views for the waypoints in your HoloBuilder project.
IMPORTANT: Please note that if you have multiple sheets you want to link, you need to link these in individual processes.
- 3. Export 360 renders from Navisworks to existing locations in HoloBuilder -
1. When all “360 Viewpoints” have been generated according to the waypoints for each of the sheets of the linked HoloBuilder project, click on the “Export to HoloBuilder” button in the HoloBuilder Add-In section.
2. IMPORTANT! Deselect all the “Sheet Viewpoints” as you won't need them in your project export - Skip this step by simply selecting "Next".
3. Select the “360 Viewpoints” that you want to upload to a sheet of your HoloBuilder project from the list.
4. The HoloBuilder Uploader opens to help you manage the export to HoloBuilder:
- Sign in to your HoloBuilder account in the uploader.
- Choose a HoloBuilder project from the projects list to upload the 360 views to (same project as you used before for linking the sheets)
Please note that if you export your project directly after generating the 360 views, you will not need to choose the HoloBuilder project again to which you want to add the 360 views. You will automatically get to the "Set Label" screen (last screen below).
- Add a label to tag the Navisworks 360 renderings - e.g. - in your project. You can later use this to filter your project.
- Wait for the upload to hit 100%: All your 360 Viewpoints will be uploaded as TimeTravels to the waypoints of the previously linked sheets of the selected HoloBuilder project. You will find the 360° Views placed on the Sheets inside the HoloBuilder Web Viewer that opens up.
- Edit the project in the Web Editor or JobWalk App.
- 4. Additional options in HoloBuilder -
Edit the project
An exported Navisworks project can be edited like any other project in HoloBuilder with both, the web editor as well as the JobWalk app. Simply log into your HoloBuilder account to access the project on your PC or download it to your mobile device to continue capturing progress with the JobWalk app.
View the HoloBuilder project
Once the upload of the exported Navisworks project was completed, you can view the project directly in the browser. View, share and navigate the project through the waypoints on the sheets or the Project Panel on the left side of the screen.