Use cases for the HoloBuilder Add-In for Autodesk® Navisworks®
- Export coordination BIM model 360° viewpoint renderings from Autodesk Navisworks to HoloBuilder with a few clicks.
- Combine BIM model viewpoints with 360° progress photos (TimeTravel) for side-by-side comparison with SplitScreen.
- Open and view the lightweight rendering views on any device, even in the field, without the need to download any software.
- Use it for design review between all stakeholders, of which many are often remote.
Please find an overview of all options for the use of Navisworks with HoloBuilder here.
Compatible Autodesk® Navisworks® versions
The add-in is compatible with the below-listed versions of Autodesk® Navisworks®. Please make sure to have either of the Autodesk® Navisworks® versions installed on your PC (with administrator rights):
Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2021
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2020
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2019
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2018
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2017
Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate 2021
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate 2020
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate 2019
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate 2018
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate 2017
Get the HoloBuilder Add-In for Autodesk® Navisworks® here:
If you are using our HoloBuilder EU solution, please make sure to download the correct version for EU servers.
Installing the Add-In
Download the Add-In here and follow the instructions of the installer file on your computer to add the HoloBuilder plugin to the Navisworks platform.
Please make sure that the Windows account that you are using to install and use the HoloBuilder Navisworks Add-In has administrator privileges.
Additionally, please make sure to close Navisworks before installing the HoloBuilder Add-In.
- Once you have downloaded the add-in, double-click on the installer icon on your PC to start the installation process of the add-in.
Note: Make sure to close Navisworks on your computer before proceeding with the installation.
- In the installer, select the right destination where the add-in should be installed. In order to correctly integrate the add-in into Navisworks, it is important to install it in the destination …AppData\Roaming\Autodesk Navisworks [...]\Plugins of your Navisworks application.
Always check if the plugin is placed under the correct path otherwise the Navisworks software won't find it. E.g. (the Navisworks model depends on the type which you use):
C:\Users\$username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2019\Plugins
- Click Next and then Install to start the installation.
- When the installation was completed, click on Finish to close the installer.
- Restart Navisworks and switch to the "Export add-ins 1" tab to access the HoloBuilder add-in. Find also a short video on how to install the HoloBuilder add-in for Revit
Getting started with the Add-In
If your HoloBuilder Navisworks Add-In was installed correctly, you will see the HoloBuilder edit options showing in the “Export Add-Ins 1” section in your Navisworks working environment.
Uploading a 360° rendering view of your 3D model from Autodesk Navisworks can be done in a few simple steps. Learn everything on what you can do with your HoloBuilder plug-in in Navsiworks here.
Update your plug-in
To update the plug-in, please remove the HoloBuilder Add-In from the Plug-In folder of your Navisworks software - C:\Users\$username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk Navisworks [...]\Plugins - and install the newest version as described above.