The HoloBuilder SplitScreen feature helps you compare two 360° images of two different points in time, accessible through the TimeTravel feature.
The two 360° images will be displayed side-by-side in your browser window and can be rotated independently as well as synchronously. Thus, you can easily compare construction progress for your site.
Please note that the SplitScreen view is accessible on your computer and your tablet directly in the HoloBuilder web player. This view is not available on smaller screens - such as iPhones - due to the limited area on the small screen which might make any interaction with the split view too difficult.
Enabling the SplitScreen view in the HoloBuilder web player
- Open a project in the web viewer on your desktop or tablet with at least two TimeTravel scenes for a location.
- Click on the "SplitSceen" icon next to the timestamp in the TimeTravel selection bar on the left side of the screen.
- The view on the screen splits to show two scenes, each with its individual TimeTravel selection bar.
Hide the sheet from SplitScreen
To have a better view of your first half or the SplitScreen, you can temporarily hide the sheetmap from your screen. The sheet map can be hidden at any time, in SplitScreen mode or in fullscreen view.
1. Click on the little bar in the upper right corner of the sheetmap drop-down menu.
2. The sheet map will be hidden from the view.
3. Show the sheet map again by clicking/tapping on the little enlarge screen icon on the right-hand side of the sheet map drop-down menu.
Switching the scenes in SplitScreen
Switching between different TimeTravel scenes as well as locations on your sheet works the same as always:
Selecting different TimeTravel scenes
- Click on either TimeTravel selection bar of the two screens to open the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Select any of the timestamps in the drop-down menu to switch to another TimeTravel scene on this side of the SplitScreen.
- Proceed likewise on the other side of the SplitScreen if desired to select another time.
Switching the location with the floor plan
- Select a waypoint from the sheet.
When switching between different rooms on the floor plan, both sides of the SplitScreen will be set to the time of the TimeTravel scene on the left.
- Select any other TimeTravel scenes for either side of the SplitScreen for the new location as you prefer.
Action objects in SplitScreen
As for now, all action object and other objects will be hidden when in the SplitScreen view. Return to the normal player view by once again clicking the compare icon in the TimeTravel selection bar on the left to show all action objects and alike again in your scenes.
Rotating both 360° images simultaneously
On both sides of the SplitScreen, you can rotate with the scenes independently from each other to focus on different aspects of the scenes.
- Click in either scene and drag to rotate it to the area that you want to focus on for your comparison.
- When you have arranged both scenes in a way that you can compare them properly, you can lock the view to move them simultaneously with the button ‘Lock View ‘ at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, when dragging a scene on one side of the screen, the other scene will rotate the same way to keep the same focus.
4. Click the button at the bottom again to release the lock and move both scenes independently again.