The JobWalk App makes it easy to capture a jobsite, but when the site is large and the project team is big it can be difficult to plan the capturing process ahead of time.
To remove some of the friction we created the JobWalk Planner that lets you mark all locations that are to be captured before the actual Jobwalk takes place.
Learn below how to work with this feature and schedule a JobWalk.
In the Web Editor
Create Location Markers
- To create a new Location Marker, right-click on the desired location on the sheet map and choose "Create Location Marker" in the context menu.
- A dialog will open where you can choose a name for the new Location Marker. This name will later show up in the navigation bar in the Web Editor and the category filter in the JobWalk App so we recommend choosing meaningful names for Location Markers.
- Click on 'OK' to create the Location Marker with the chosen name.
- The new Location Marker will now show up on the sheet map as a little flag alongside other Location Markers and waypoints.
- Repeat this process for each needed Location Marker.
- A new "Location Marker" category is added to the project and the Filter panel which now includes all new Location Markers.
- Please note that the newly created Location Markers will only be available to your team once you have saved the project.
Share Location Markers with your team
- When you save the project, a dialog will show up that lets you notify your team members about the added Location Marker(s). The dialog displays the name, email, and project tole of all users on the project.
- Select all users you wish to inform about the new Location Markers by ticking the checkboxes on the left side of the list.
- Select "Notify" to confirm and send email notifications.
Note: If you select "No Thanks" to save the project without sending any email notifications the Location Markers will still be saved.
Sending Select Locations Markers to Team Members
If you would like to divide the JobWalk and share specific locations with one or several members you can proceed as follows:
- Create only those Location Markers you would like to share with a certain team member or members as described above.
- Save the project and select the desired team member(s) in the dialog to share the newly created Location Markers.
- Create more Location Markers for the next team member or set of team member and repeat this process.
Delete Location Markers
- Right click on a Location Marker and select 'Delete Location Marker'.
- A dialog will show asking you to confirm the deletion.
- Click on 'OK' to permanently delete the Location Marker.
- Selects the Location Marker by clicking on it on the sheet map.
- Press the trash bin icon in the preview panel.
- A confirmation will appear asking "Do you really want to delete location marker?"
- Click on 'OK' to permanently delete the Location Marker