If you already have a HoloBuilder project and want to add further sheets including the 360 Navisworks views, you can manually create the sheet & 360 views in your 3D model and upload these to the existing HoloBuilder project.
Make sure to have the HoloBuilder Add-In for Navisworks installed correctly. To confirm the successful installation, check for the “Export Add-Ins 1” section in your Navisworks working environment including the HoloBuilder tool set.
Uploading sheet views including the 360 views of your 3D model from Autodesk Navisworks to an existing HoloBuilder project
There are 3 steps to create and upload 360 views of your 3D model to a HoloBuilder project:
- Add sheet viewpoints: Specify the sheet(s)/floor plan(s) from the 3D model to be used in the HoloBuilder project.
- Add 360 viewpoints: Manually set the locations in your 3D model where you want to "capture" the 360 renderings
Export to HoloBuilder: Choose an existing HoloBuilder project and upload the 360 views to a specific sheet of that project.Note: You can also create a completely new HoloBuilder project in Navisworks and upload with newly specified sheets additional to your 360 views. Learn more here.
- Optional - View/edit project in HoloBuilder: Arrange the locations of the new waypoints for the imported 360 views on your sheets in the web editor or with the JobWalk app, and share and view your project in web viewer.
Please note that this tutorial is to upload 360 Navisworks views linked to a sheet view to an existing HoloBuilder project. To create a completely new project from within your HoloBuilder Navisworks Plug-In, please follow this tutorial.
- Creating a sheet viewpoint -
1. Open Navisworks and load your Autodesk Navisworks project with the 3D view that you want to upload into HoloBuilder.
2. Set the right view for your sheets:
- Use the "Cube" to view the 3D model from the top (north should be pointing up by default).
- Limit the viewing area using the “Sectioning Tools” button in the menu bar: In the sectioning tools overview, get rid of the Plane 1 sectioning by deselecting the lightbulb.
- Select plane 2 and choose "Alignment: Top".
- Cut off the Building from the top to get a good, sheet like view.
3. Specify the area for your sheet(s):
- Create a "Box Plane" around the area or floor that you want to upload as sheet in HoloBuilder: Select the part of the building you want to have on your sheet via drag and drop (magnifing glass with bounding box cursor).
- Alternative view: switch to the orthographic view to have a better image for the floorplan. The perspective view (above) gives additional information on depth that you might not want in a floorplan. The orthographic view has increased readability for less information.
4. Select "Export Add-Ins 1" in the menu bar and click on “Add Sheet Viewpoint” to create a sheet to be used in HoloBuilder from the currently selected view in Navisworks.
5. Repeat step 2-4 for all the floors/sections that you want to export to HoloBuilder as sheets.
6. When you are finished creating all “Sheet Viewpoints” you will find them in the “Saved Viewpoints” sidebar in the “HB Sheets” folder.
- Create 360 viewpoints for your 360 renderings (locations) -
1. Navigate to the location that you want to capture as your first 360° view rendering using the "Fly feature".
2. Optional: Enable all relevant layers again, e.g. the (roof) top, if something is disabled that should be in the 360 view.
3. Select “Add 360 Viewpoint” in the Export Add-Ins 1 section of the menu bar to place a view that will be rendered as 360° image and later uploaded to HoloBuilder.
- After placing the “360 Viewpoint” you will find it in the right sidebar in the in the “Saved Viewpoints” sidebar under the “HB 360 Views” folder.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for all the locations/360 views that you want to export to HoloBuilder.
- Export project from Navisworks to HoloBuilder -
1. When you have placed all “360 Viewpoints” that you like to export to HoloBuilder for each sheet viewpoint, click on the “Export to HoloBuilder” button in the HoloBuilder Add-In section.
2. Select the “Sheet Viewpoints” you want to upload to your HoloBuilder project and click "Next".
3. Select the “360 Viewpoints” that you want to upload related to the previously selected sheet views and click "Next".
4. HoloBuilder Uploader opens to manage the export:
- Sign in to your HoloBuilder account in the uploader.
- Choose a HoloBuilder project from the projects list to upload the sheet views with the attached 360 views to.
- Optional: Add a label to tag the Navisworks 360 renderings - e.g. "Navisworks" - in your project. You can later use this to filter your project.
- Wait for the upload to hit 100%: All your 360 Viewpoints and Sheet Views will be uploaded to HoloBuilder and you will find the 360° Views placed on the Sheets inside the HoloBuilder Web Viewer that opens up.
- Edit the project in the Web Editor or JobWalk App.
Edit the project
An exported Navisworks project can be edited like any other project in HoloBuilder with both, the web editor as well as the JobWalk app. Simply log into your HoloBuilder account to access the project on your PC or download it to your mobile device to continue capturing progress with the JobWalk app.
View the HoloBuilder project
Once the upload of the exported Navisworks project was completed, you can view the project directly in the browser. View, share and navigate the project through the waypoints on the sheets or the Project Panel on the left side of the screen.
Additional tutorials for working with the Navisworks Plug-In
- How to install the HoloBuilder Navisworks Add-In
- How to create a completely new project within Navisworks
- How to add Navisworks 360 views to existing waypoints in HoloBuilder