IMPORTANT: In order to be able to create a new HoloBuilder project from within Autodesk® Navisworks®, you will need to have at least a Project Manager role, and the company dashboard needs to have an active license on HoloBuilder allowing to add a new project - check with your Enterprise Admin if in doubt.
This tutorial explains how to
Create a completely new HoloBuilder project by exporting your 3D model from Navisworks as 360 views linked on the Navisworks sheets.
Note: If you already have a HoloBuilder project and want to add further sheets including the 360 Navisworks views, you can also manually create the sheet & 360 views in your 3D model and upload these to the existing HoloBuilder project - learn more.
Find an overview of all other options with the Naviswork add-in here.
To export your Autodesk® Navisworks® 360 renderings of your 3D model as a new HoloBuilder project, make sure to have the latest HoloBuilder Add-In for Autodesk® Navisworks® installed correctly.
Creating a new HoloBuilder project from within Autodesk® Navisworks®
There are 3 main steps to create and upload 360 views of your 3D model as a new HoloBuilder project:
Add sheet views in Navisworks
Place the 360 view locations in Navisworks: Specify the locations for the 360 views which should get uploaded with the sheet views as your new HoloBuilder project - jump to section below.
Export sheet and 360 views as a new project to HoloBuilder: Choose to create a new HoloBuilder project and upload the 360 views including the sheet views from Navisworks - jump to section below.
Optional - View/edit project in HoloBuilder: Arrange the locations of the new waypoints for the imported 360 views on your sheets in the web editor or with the JobWalk app, and share and view your project in the web viewer - jump to section below.
Please note that this tutorial is to create a completely new project from within your HoloBuilder Navisworks add-in. To upload 360 Navisworks views linked to a sheet view to an existing HoloBuilder project, please follow this tutorial.
- 1. Creating a sheet view -
Specify the sheet(s)/floor plan(s) from the 3D model to be used for linking the Navisworks area and the sheet of the HoloBuilder project.
Learn more on how to create new sheet views here.
- 2. Create 360 views for your 360 renderings (new waypoint locations) -
1. Navigate to the location that you want to capture as your first 360° view rendering using the "Fly feature".
3. Select “Add 360 Viewpoint” in the Export Add-Ins 1 section of the menu bar to place a view that will be rendered as a 360° image and later uploaded to HoloBuilder.
After placing the “360 Viewpoint” you will find it in the “Saved Viewpoints” sidebar under the “HB 360 Views” folder.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for all the locations/360 views that you want to export to HoloBuilder.
- 3. Export the views and sheet from Navisworks to HoloBuilder as a new project -
1. When you have placed all “360 Viewpoints” that you like to export to HoloBuilder for each sheet viewpoint, click on the “Export to HoloBuilder” button in the HoloBuilder Add-In section.
2. Select the “Sheet Viewpoints” you want to upload to your HoloBuilder project from the list by ticking the names and click "Next".
3. Select the “360 Viewpoints” that you want to upload related to the previously selected sheet views and click "Next".
4. HoloBuilder Uploader opens to manage the export:
Sign in to your HoloBuilder account in the uploader.
Choose to upload the project as a completely new project to HoloBuilder.
Fill in the project details as required.
Optional: Add a label to tag the Navisworks 360 renderings - e.g. "Navisworks" - in your project. You can later use this to filter your project.
Wait for the upload to hit 100%: All your 360 Viewpoints and Sheet Views will be uploaded to HoloBuilder and you will find the 360° Views placed on the Sheets inside the HoloBuilder Web Viewer that opens up.
- 4. Additional options in HoloBuilder -
Edit the project
An exported Navisworks project can be edited like any other project in HoloBuilder with both, the web editor as well as the JobWalk app. Simply log into your HoloBuilder account to access the project on your PC or download it to your mobile device to continue capturing progress with the JobWalk app.
View the HoloBuilder project
Once the upload of the exported Navisworks project was completed, you can view the project directly in the browser. View, share and navigate the project through the waypoints on the sheets or the Project Panel on the left side of the screen.
What might also interest you