In general, HoloBuilder supports 2 image formats for 360 images:
- equirectangular image formats (what you, e.g., get from the Ricoh Theta cameras)
- cube map image formats (usually used by renderings).
How to add drone footage to your Holobuilder projects
There are different ways of making use of a drone:
360 photo captures:
- Capture with the JobWalk app: If you attach one of the compatible 360 cameras to the drone and keep it in range for the WiFi connection of the camera to the mobile device, you can use the drone instead of, e.g., a tripod to capture the photos with the JobWalk app.
- Upload manually: Capture the photos with the drone('s camera - if the photos can be retrieved in one of the supported formats) and upload them manually to the projects (learn more).
2D photos capture (manual upload on the web)
- On the sheet: Capture the photos with the drone's camera, create location markers for the positions on the floor plans in the web editor (learn more) and upload them manually to the projects (learn more).
- As a 2D photo inside a 360 image: Capture the images with the drone's camera and upload them with the 2D image action object inside the existing 360 images (learn more).
- As a link to a video platform: 360 videos cannot be uploaded directly to HoloBuilder. You need to upload the 360 video to a video hosting platform that supports 360 videos, e.g. YouTube or Vimeo (or any similar platform supporting 360 videos), and add the direct link inside the 360 photo in HoloBuilder (learn more).
- As video inside a 360 image: You can upload smaller videos also directly to HoloBuilder similar to 2D photos inside a 360 image. Add the 2D video as a video action object to a specific 360 image to be viewed directly within HoloBuilder (learn more).
- As a link to a video platform: You can also upload the 2D video to a video hosting platform, e.g. YouTube or Vimeo (or anything like these), and add the direct link inside the 360 image in HoloBuilder (learn more) to play the video.
There are many options to combine even more data within your projects - feel free to explore your options.