To get started, make sure to download the latest version of the JobWalk App for Android or iOS .
NOTE: If you are using the HoloBuilder EU server solution you will need to download the JobWalk app for EU for Android or iOS.
The Geo-located Capture is a feature within the HoloBuilder’s JobWalk app. This integration with Google Maps allows you to capture massive open space projects with ease. Using the GPS location of your mobile device, the JobWalk App locates you and automatically shows you where on the floor plan you are situated with a blue pin - similar to other GPS enabled apps that you already use.
Note: The use of the Google Maps map as sheet will only help you to better locate your position and orientation on an open space for capturing. This is as a reference for better placing the waypoints on the map but not to automate the capturing process.
Watch this video on how to work with the Google Maps integration:
Access the Google Maps integration - add a sheet
Note: In order to load the map from Google Maps an internet connection is required.
- Make sure to have a Wi-Fi hotspot nearby on-site or enable mobile data use for the JobWalk App on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can also prepare the map configuration beforehand at the office.
- Open the app on your mobile device and start a new project. Alternatively, you can also select an existing project to edit and add a new sheet.
- Click on Add a sheet.
- From the overview, select Use Google Maps. The satellite view of your current location will be shown.
- On the map, zoom into your location to get the right view of the area you want to capture
- If you like, you can switch the view between Satellite, Terrain or Relief. Tap the drop-down menu at the top to switch the view.
- To define the area you want to work on, switch to the selection mode by tapping on the crop icon in the upper right corner. Adjust the appearing yellow box to frame the area you want to select as sheet.
- Confirm the selection by clicking the check mark at the bottom of your screen.
Click the X to reject it and redo the selection of the area.
Place the 360 views
Once you have made the selection of the area on the map, the area will be added as a sheet to your project.
On the map, you will see a positioning icon (blue dot) marking your location and orientation on the selected area. The positioning icon will move along with you while you walk the job site in real-time.
Note: The geo-location accuracy depends on your GPS signal quality and will be about 1 to 4 meters.
- Tap on the positioning icon on the map to specify the location for placing the 360 image.
Please note that you still need to manually select the position of the 360 image, e.g. to avoid issues if the accuracy of the GPS is not that good. This allows you also to easily switch from outdoor locations to indoor or underground.
- Once the grey waypoint marker appears, you will have the option to trigger the 360 camera or capture a 2D Photo for the selected location.
- The location will be fixated at the selected GPS coordinats with a waypoint and you can move along to the next location to capture additional images.