In order to view any downloaded .holo project files, you will always also need the dedicated Offline HoloViewer. The program allows you to open any shared HoloBuilder project without needing a HoloBuilder account.
Note: This tutorial is for when you receive a Offline HoloBuilder project as handover and not by downloading it. To download a project from your account, please refer to this tutorial.
How to work with the Offline HoloViewer as a handed over file
- The HoloViewer needs to be downloaded and installed to your desktop. You can find the download link for any HoloViewer version here.
Note: We support Windows 32, Windows 64 and Mac devices.
If you received the project as a handover bundle, the installer files for the Offline HoloViewer are included in the ZIP-folder.
- Next, you need to download the project from the sharing platform or extract from the zipped handover folder. Make sure that it is downloaded as a .holo file.
Attention: Depending on the browser used for the download, it can happen that the project is converted into a .zip file during the download process. The HoloViewer cannot open and read .zip files, so you might need to adjust the file type before downloading the project!
- Once the viewer is installed and the project downloaded, you have 2 options to open the project on the viewer:
1. Double click on the .holo file (the downloaded project) to open it. The project will open in the HoloViewer.
2. Move the .holo file from the download folder/its current location to the folder path HoloViewer>Holobuilder>Projects to have this project always shown when opening the viewer.
Should you be interested in opening your own HoloBuilder account to improve documentation processes at your company, you can find more information about a subscription on our website or directly request a demo for HoloBuilder.