In order to view downloaded HoloBuilder projects, you will need to have the Offline HoloViewer installed on your computer.
The offline HoloViewer is available for Windows and Mac devices.
Downloading the HoloViewer
Before downloading any projects yourself or viewing any shared offline projects, you should make sure to download and install the Offline HoloViewer to your computer:
1. On the HoloBuilder website, go to the Downloads section and find the download options for the HoloViewer.
2. You can choose the appropriate download option for your computer - currently, the HoloViewer desktop app is available for Windows as well as Mac users.
Click the correct download option and the HoloViewer will be downloaded to your computer.
- Save the download file.
- Follow the installation instructions.
Installing the Offline HoloViewer
Installing the app:
- Double click on the installer file.
- Follow the instructions.
- Select the location to save the app to - make sure to consider your use case:
- For downloading new projects directly from HoloBuilder
When wanting to download HoloBuilder projects directly from the HoloBuilder platform, the Offline HoloViewer needs to be installed to a location on any of your hard disks the executed application will have write permission to. This is required to download and generate the .holo file.
E.g. install the app on the desktop or any other similar location.
NOTE: Do not install the app on the “C:/Program Files/…”
- To view a shared .holo HoloBuilder project file added to the project folder
In order to only save a project in the HoloViewer to view, there are no restrictions on where to install the app. You can learn everything on how to deal with handed over project files here.
- To open a shared project via a double click from any location on your PC
When wanting to use the option to automatically open the .holo file in the viewer upon double-clicking on the .holo file, you will have to do the following:
1. Enable admin permissions for the software during the installation of the Offline HoloViewer,
2. manually select the Offline HoloViewer as the application to open the .holo file with when Windows asks which application it should use to open it.
NOTE: When not downloading any project directly from HoloBuilder, the system does not require admin permissions. The desktop app can be installed anywhere on the PC.