Saving your project offline in the HoloViewer is only available for project managers, group managers & enterprise admins. Any other roles are not allowed to archive and download projects. Please find a full overview of all HoloBuilder roles and permissions here.
Depending on your subscription, you can download the project from the
- Web editor - learn more
- Dashboard - see below
In order to be able to save your project offline in the HoloViewer, you must...
- archive the project - learn more
- download and install the HoloViewer to your computer - learn more
- download the project to the HoloViewer - see steps below
Downloading your project in the Dashboard
Please note that once a project was downloaded, it cannot be unarchived anymore.
Once you have downloaded & installed the HoloViewer and archived your project, you are ready to download the project:
- Open the Offline HoloViewer.
- Make sure to log into your account within the app by clicking on the profile icon and then clicking the login button.
- In theHoloBuilder dashboard, open the Archive folder.
- Select the project that you would like to download in order to open its project details.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, click the white Download button.
- To confirm your download action, click Download again in the newly opened popup. If you are using Safari or Firefox as a browser, the system cannotdetect whether the app is already installed due to browser restrictions. When asked whether you have already installed the app, please select YES. Should you in fact NOT have downloaded the app yet, click NO and the app will be automatically downloaded & installed before the project download.
- After the HoloViewer offline app is successfully installed, you can start the download for your project in the popup by clicking the button. The HoloViewer app on your computer will now open and download the project.
- Once the download is finished, the project is available for offline use within the app.
Downloaded projects are saved in the HoloViewer folder. The HoloViewer folder can be stored anywhere on your computer during the installation process. Each downloaded project is stored as folder in […]>HoloViewer>Holobuilder>Projects (Windows) or ~/Library/Application Support/com.holobuilder.holoviewer/Holobuilder (macOS) with the corresponding ID.
DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE FOLDER STRUCTURE INSIDE THE HOLOVIEWER APPLICATION.
If you accidentally downloaded a project, please write us at email@example.com for gaining online access again.
- Updating the Offline HoloViewer
There will be no automatic update for your installed Offline HoloViewer app - Learn more.
- Recovering a previous app version
You can easily recover an old version of the Offline HoloViewer app if a backup was made or download from our website - Learn more.
- Project handover
You can hand over your downloaded project with or without the HoloViewer - Learn more.
- Longterm storing of projects
All downloaded projects can be stored digitally indefinitely on your local drive or any other hard drive. To keep access to your projects, you simply need a version of the HoloViewer installed or the installation file at hand.