If you would like to add a user to a project on project level in the Enterprise Dashboard, you need to make sure that you have the necessary permissions to do so. Enterprise Admins are the only users who can delete other users from the Enterprise Dashboard.
In order to invite a collaborator to your project on project level, you need to hold one of these roles for the respective project:
- Project Admin
- Project Manager
- Group Manager (of group that is assigned to the project)
- Enterprise Admin
If you hold one of these roles within the project, you can easily add a new collaborator. Should you NOT hold any of those roles, find out who in your team does and ask them to add the new users for you or to promote you to one of these roles.
With HoloBuilder there are several options to control who has access to a project:
- Project privacy settings - learn more
- Enterprise-wide access management - learn more
- Project-based access management - Web Editor vs. Enterprise Dashboard (see below)
To invite a user to an individual project you can either do so in the Web Editor (learn more) or in the Enterprise Dashboard of your company (see below).
Please note that you might be limited by your personal company or project role and do not have the right access permission to invite new users. Learn more about permissions in HoloBuilder here. Please contact the project owner or enterprise admin to change your personal permissions if required.
Inviting new user to a project via the Enterprise Dashboard
1. Open the overview of a project through clicking on it in the 'Active' projects view.
2. Press the 'Add Member' button on the right side above the 'Team' field.
3. A popup opens in which you enter the role and email of the new user. You can add one or multiple user email addresses in the 'Users' field.
4. Alternatively/Additionally: Add the same users of an existing project to this project with the previously specified roles. Choose the corresponding project from the project list 'Add Members from an existing project'.
4. Click on 'Add' to add the new user to the project.
Change role/revoke project access
- To change the role of an invited user for a project, click on the drop down next to the list entry of the corresponding user.
- Or, revoke the access completely for a user by hovering over the user's list entry and clicking on the circle icon at the right end of the list entry.
Available project roles
There are 3 different project roles:
- Project Viewer: The Project Viewer has permission to view individual projects that are active (not archived or downloaded). She/he has only access to a company project in the web player she/he was invited to as a viewer. The Project Viewer has no editorial permissions whatsoever for the projects she/he is invited to. However, she/he can have a personal subscription to create projects of her/his own unrelated to the company.
- Project Editor: Has the same permissions as the Project Viewer, as well as ability to edit the project using the JobWalk app or Web Editor, but cannot change any project settings like adding categories or invite other users etc.
- Project Admin: The Project Admin has the same permissions as the Project Editor, as well abality to change Permissions and Properties on projects including inviting new collaboratorsNote: Cannot archive the project.
Note: There is a fourth 'Project Owner' role which cannot be changed and is attached to the initial creator of the project.