The HoloBuilder cloud integrations enable you to import your project files directly from your connected cloud storage account into the HoloBuilder web editor. Upload sheets or 360° images that you want to use for your construction progress tracking from the connected accounts.
Tools integrating with HoloBuilder
Currently, HoloBuilder integrates with a number of lightweight data storage systems. The following systems are currently available for integration:
- Please note that the PlanGrid integration for HoloBuilder is not a free integration. The integration with PlanGrid is only available for certain PlanGrid accounts. Please check with your PlanGrid account executive if you have any questions about accessing the integration.
(Optional) Sign up with your existing account
You can directly sign up with your Autodesk, Bluebeam or Procore account to avoid additional password handling and link your accounts.
Add an integration
In the web editor, click on your account name in the upper right corner and then ‘Account’. In the popup, select the tab ‘Integrations’. You will find all currently available integrations here.
Connect an account
Select an integration to view a summary of the supported functionalities of this tool. Click on CONNECT TO ACCOUNT to establish a connection. Depending on the integration, you will need to add additional information beforehand, e.g. your company domain used for the selected tool.
The connection flow for each integration might differ depending on how the specific tool handles this process. Generally, you will be asked to log into your account and confirm the connection about to be established with HoloBuilder.
Find below an example of the connection flow for Dropbox:
Once you confirmed the connection of HoloBuilder with the corresponding tool, the new tab will close and you can return to the editor. Close the Integrations Overview and start a new project or open an existing project.
Any connected integration will be marked with a yellow line below the integration’s tile (see image above). Select the integration to view a summary of the supported functionality. Additionally, you will see a yellow notice and checkmark confirming the connection to this account.
Disconnect an account
Integrations can either be disconnected from within HoloBuilder or within the integrations service platform.
Disconnect the integration within your HoloBuilder account
Any integration can be disconnected again within HoloBuilder. You can either only disconnect a single project or your complete account.
- Disconnect project: Disconnect only the currently opened project from the integration. This will remove the option to insert assets directly from the external service only for this project.
- Disconnect account: Disable the integration for your HoloBuilder account including all projects. The option to insert assets directly from the external service will be disabled for all previously connected project.Please note that if you reconnect to this integration again, all previously connected projects will automatically be reconnected as well. In order to disconnect any specific projects, please open the project and select the option “DISCONNECT PROJECT”.
Disconnect the integration within the external account
You can always remove the connection within the individual integration’s account settings, e.g. in Account>Settings>Connected apps. Please check the corresponding integrated service for how this can be done.
Access your documents
Supported file formats
You can access image files saved as .png/.jpeg/.jpg as well as PDF text files directly from your integrated service.
Insert files into your HoloBuilder project
To insert a file from your integration, open a project:
- Click on the large +-button in the panel on the left. On the left-hand side of the modal, you can find all your current integrations listed (see image on the left below).
- Select the integration from the list where you want to get your files from. Navigate through the folder structure (see the second image on the right).
- Click on an image file or PDF to add to your HoloBuilder project.Image files: When selecting an image file, you can choose whether you want to add it as a sheet or as a 360° scene.PDF files: PDF files can only be added as sheets and will be integrated directly after selecting them
To import multiple PDF files at once, you can select the button ‘IMPORT SHEETS’. When selecting this option, all PDF files that are located in the currently opened folder will be added as sheets to your projects. This option will not include PDF files that are located in sub-folders of this folder.