All HoloBuilder projects can be easily viewed in the web browser on any (mobile) device. To get an even more immersive experience, you can also switch to the VR mode on your mobile device.
Switch to VR mode
To view your project, e.g., with the Google Cardboard:
1. Open the project's share link in your mobile phone's browser (preferably Chrome).
Note: You can open the project from the JobWalk app in your mobile browser or from the email shared with you.
2. Rotate the mobile device to landscape view.
3. Click the 'VR Headset' icon in the bottom menu.
The screen gets split and the 3D sensor gets enabled to automatically rotate the scene according to your mobile device's movement.
Using a VR headset
Once the VR modus is enabled, you can place your phone into most common VR headsets, like the cardboard, and explore the project interactively.
The tiny dot at the center of the screen is for clicking the integrated objects:
- Point the dot on an object.
- Wait until the loading circle is completed to trigger the object's action, e.g. to walk the tour virtually.
Please note that you need to augment the project beforehand with special action objects, e.g. the "Go to scene" link, to interact with it.
Compatible VR headsets
HoloBuilder supports a variety of VR headsets for better visualization, among others:
- Any smartphone + Google Cardboard – Now also with stereo scene rendering for a better depth perception
- Samsungs Phone + GearVR glasses – beta
- PC + HTC Vive connected – beta
- PC + Oculus Rift connected – beta
- Daydream-ready phone + Daydream Glasses – coming soon
Choose the right viewer mode in the VR mode settings:
- Cardboard I/O 2014
- Cardboard I/O 2015
- Samsung S/ Edge
What might also interest you
- How to link your scenes in the JobWalk app
- How to link you scenes in the Web Editor
- How to augment your project with action objects