Users won’t have to manage additional login credentials, while companies have full control over their account security requirements, both of which strengthen the overall HoloBuilder account security.
About Single Sign-On (SSO)
The SSO Enterprise Dashboard is secluded by your company's login administration which allows you to manage user access to the HoloBuilder Enterprise Dashboard more securely. Only users authenticated via your company’s login server are able to access the Enterprise Dashboard and view or edit projects.
Please note that SSO within HoloBuilder is only available in combination with an Enterprise Dashboard for an extra fee. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
Enabling SSO for a company
The HoloBuilder Company Single Sign-On option is available for new Enterprise Dashboard users directly during the setup.
Existing Enterprise Dashboards will have to be migrated to an isolated environment to enable the Single Sign-On option.
SSO for companies without existing HoloBuilder subscription
If you do not yet have an Enterprise Dashboard, we will set up a completely new, secure Enterprise Dashboard environment for you including SSO for your company. Please contact us at email@example.com to have your new Enterprise Dashboard set up directly with SSO included.
SSO for companies with an existing Enterprise Dashboard
Please note, that it is not possible to transfer existing accounts into a new SSO Enterprise Dashboard. If you already have one or more HoloBuilder accounts, please make a special request to migrate these to the secure SSO environment.
An already existing Enterprise Dashboard can be migrated into a new Enterprise Dashboard environment supporting SSO login. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for migration to the SSO compatible company dashboard.
New user sign up with SSO
Once the Single Sign-On option was enabled for your HoloBuilder company dashboard, registered company members can be invited to the SSO company.
Inviting new users with SSO
Users can be invited to your SSO-secured HoloBuilder Enterprise Dashboard as well as to individual projects as viewers or editors, by their email address.
Learn more about how to invite users to your HoloBuilder Enterprise Dashboard in general here.
The following important constraints apply to your SSO-enabled Enterprise Dashboard
- Invite Only: Only users who were invited to your HoloBuilder Enterprise Dashboard will be able to register via your company’s login server and join a HoloBuilder project or group.
- SSO Only: After being invited, only users having an account on your company’s login server will be able to create a new HoloBuilder account using Single Sign-On, and join your Enterprise Dashboard.
- External access: External users, such as consultants, will first have to be issued accounts on your company’s login server. Please contact the department in charge in your company.
User log in with SSO
Please note that only users that are already invited to an SSO Enterprise Dashboard or company project can log in with SSO. Please remember to invite these users beforehand.
To log in with your company single sign-on, go to the HoloBuilder website:
- Click on the button “Company Provider (SSO)”.
- Enter the Company ID or company name.
- Click CONTINUE. A popup with your company’s login page will open.
- In the pop-up, enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD.
- Click on Sign On to log into your account.
- You’ll return to HoloBuilder and can now start working.
Forgot your Company ID
If you forgot your Company ID, click on “Forgot company ID?” below the CONTINUE button. In the new text field, enter your email address and click CONTINUE. You will receive an email with your company information including a link to directly log in to your SSO company or to access a project.