Note: Project-wide face blurring is currently only available on the HoloBuilder EU platform.
This is a special feature that needs to be activated for dashboard subscription upon request - please contact your account manager to get access or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We understand that privacy matters: The face blurring feature is a very important tool in HoloBuilder to insure the anonymity of on-site workers and other persons on site. Often, there are tens or even hundreds of 360 photos taken on the site every week and so it is unavoidable not to have anyone in the background of the shots.
HoloBuilder gives you different options on how to use face blurring:
- Automated face blurring on an individual 360 photo in the Web Editor - learn more
- Manual blurring on a selected area in a 360 photo in the Web Editor - learn more
- Activate automated face blurring for an entire project in the Dashboard (EU users only) - see below
How to activate automated face blurring for an entire project
The project-wide face blurring feature can be activated in a few easy steps. It is important to note, though, that not every user can activate this feature. Only a Project Manager, Group Manager, or Enterprise Admin has permission to activate this feature for a project in the company dashboard.
Please note that once the faces have been blurred on a project, this cannot be undone and the blurring cannot be deactivated again for this project!
Also, be aware that this feature is currently only available for users on the EU platform of HoloBuilder (will be updated in the future).
1. In the HoloBuilder Dashboard, open the Active Projects list and select the project on which you would like to apply automated face blurring.
2. In the Features section below the project details, you can find the item Automated Face Blurring.
3. Activate the feature by clicking the toggle switch to the right.
4. A separate dialog window will open and ask you to confirm the activation.
If you are certain that you want to use the feature, click Activate.
NOTE: Be aware that automated face blurring for a project CANNOT be deactivated, all faces in the project will be blurred permanently.
5. The automated face blurring feature will now be applied to all existing 360 scenes in your project.
NOTE: It can take a while for the project to be completely processed and the face blurring to be applied to the entire project. While it is being applied, you can keep working on the project without any issues. All newly added 360 photos will have the faces blurred automatically.
6. The screenshot below shows a scene after automated face blurring has been applied.
NOTE: The blurring will also be applied to any 360 photo added to the project in the future. Please be aware that due to caching it can take up to one hour for the automatic blurring to be applied to newly added 360 photos.