Note: In order to be able to use SpeedMode, you need to have a HoloBuilder project with at least one sheet including Location Markers (capture new images) or already existing image wayppoints (capture TimeTravel images).
SpeedMode helps you to automatically capture progress photos at pre-defined waypoints. The images are captured according to your current location on the construction site. This allows a higher location consistency for repeated capturing of your construction site.
Please note that the advanced Augmented Reality technology of SpeedMode utilizes a unique combination of your phone's 3D tracking, sensors, and camera functionality, which is only available on newer generation devices like the following:
All recent iOS devices including:
- iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 or 12.9) – both first-gen and 2nd-gen
- iPad (2017)
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- An extended list with devices that support the tracking technology (called arkit) can be found here
A growing number of Android devices including:
- Galaxy S7, S8, S10, J5, J7, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8
- Galaxy Tab S3, S4 and S5e
- Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9
- OnePlus 5, 6 and 7
- Huawei Mate 20
- Moto G6 and G7
- Google Nexus and Pixel
- An extended list of all supported devices can be found here
Learn more about what SpeedMode is here or watch the video:
Getting started with SpeedMode
There are 4 easy steps to get started with SpeedMode:
- Create waypoints on the sheetmap at every location for which you would like to use SpeedMode.
- Start your camera and connect it to the JobWalk app.
- Open your project in the JobWalk app and enable SpeedMode.
- Set up SpeedMode by specifying your location on the sheet.
- Walk your site capturing progress automatically.
See below for more details for each step.
Creating waypoints to use in SpeedMode
Before you can start setting up SpeedMode for your project, you need to make sure that the sheet you would like to document holds Waypoints or Location Markers. They serve as indication for a capturing spot once you use SpeedMode.
The difference between Waypoints and Location Markers is that waypoints already include one or more 360° image. If you are unsure about how to create waypoints, please refer to this article in our Help Center.
Location Markers on the other hand can be created in the Web Editor by right-clicking anywhere on the sheet-map. They merely indicate a location still to be captured with a 360° image.
Once you have created waypoints or Location Markers in your project, you can move on to the initial setup of SpeedMode:
Setup of SpeedMode for a sheet
To be able to use SpeedMode for your progress capturing, a setup is required on each floor plan you want to capture on. This setup will allow the JobWalk app to better track your movement according to each floor plan and trigger the automated capturing for the waypoints on this sheet. You need to repeat the setup before every SpeedWalk, assuring maximum accuracy.
Note: As SpeedMode relies on the floorplan as well as the accuracy of your setup, it is important to use a floorplan with the realistic scale as well as being very thorough during the setup process. Please make sure to really mark your position on the sheet as accurately as possible.
SpeedMode can be enabled in your JobWalk app for each project individually:
- Open your project in the JobWalk app.
- Select the sheet of the project that you would like to capture on.
- Turn on your 360 camera and link it to the mobile device.
- In the sheet view, select the flash icon.
- The icon turns yellow - SpeedMode is now enabled on this sheet.
Once SpeedMode is enabled (as described above), you need to specify your location and orientation on the sheet.
Note: A walkthrough is provided during the setup to support you step-by-step.
6. In the upper section of the screen where the floorplan is showing, drag the sheet
to the position you are currently at on site.
7. Zoom in to specify your position more accurately on the floor plan.
Note: In order to better orientate yourself on the sheet, choose your current position according to some distinctive markers that you can easily recognize on the floor plan and help you to specify your current location as accurately on the floor plan as possible.
8. Tap on the position on the floor plan to set your current location.
9. Select the Start button.
Note: You can still move your marker on the sheet after tapping start to adjust the position.
10. Tap on Next to log your position.
Note: Please do not walk around anymore after you have logged your position until you are told to.
11. Lift your tablet or smartphone to have the camera face to the front (as depicted
in the illustration).
Note: You will see the live-stream of your surrounding overlayed with the floor plan.
12. Start walking in any direction, keeping the mobile device's camera facing to the
Note: If possible, choose a direction that you can easily track on the floor plan as you will need to specify your new location in a bit.
13. Walk straight in the same direction until the little blue progress bar on the screen
14. Once the progress bar is full, tap on Next.
15. Move and zoom in on the floor plan to mark your new location on the sheet.
16. Once all location’s waypoints have been updated, you can tap Start and begin
Capturing progress with SpeedMode
Note: If your position drifts during the capturing with SpeedMode, simply tap and drag the arrow to the correct position and continue your JobWalk.
- Start walking the site. Walk to the location markers or waypoints on your sheet to trigger the camera.
Note: If you hold the mobile device up to face where you are going, you can look around for markers augmented into the camera live stream that show you where the next waypoints from the floor plan are.
4. A countdown will start counting down the triggering of the camera, when you are close to a waypoint/location marker. Make sure to place the camera in the correct possition before the countdown is through.
5. When a picture was captured, the waypoint will be marked with a checkmark. Move on to the next waypoint.
6. Once all location’s waypoints have been updated, you can leave the sheet and repeat the process for the next sheet or leave the project and upload your progress to the cloud.
Correcting a previously set position on a sheet
If you tracking on the sheet is not accurately enough, you can redo the setup.
- Open the sheet of the project you want to reset the SpeedMode setup.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the upper right corner to open the context menu of the sheet.
- Tap on "Reset SpeedMode Setup" to redo the setup.
- Follow the steps for the setup on the screen or use the instructions above for help.