NOTE: The Autodesk BIM 360 integration is available for our US- as well as an EU-hosted solution. Please note that no cross-platform linking is possible, meaning that you can only link your EMEA Autodesk BIM 360 account with your EU (.eu) HoloBuilder account and your US Autodesk BIM 360 account with your US (.com) HoloBuilder account.
The BIM 360 Field "Next Gen" integration enables you to create issues that can be assigned to team members and managed within BIM 360. With the BIM 360 Field integration for HoloBuilder, you can easily create new BIM 360 Field issues as interactive markup objects directly in your 360-degree images.
Every issue you created from within HoloBuilder automatically contains a URL in the linked issue created in BIM 360 Fields. The link directs you to the affected area in your 360-degree documentation where you have marked the issue during your documentation with HoloBuilder. Anybody can easily check the visual documentation for the related area of a created issue with a single click on the corresponding link in the BIM 360 Field issues description ("Project name">Field Management>Issues).
Integrate HoloBuilder with your BIM 360 Field "Next Gen" account
Please note that this feature is only available with BIM 360 Field "Next Gen". In order to be able to integrate your HoloBuilder account with your BIM 360 Field account, please make sure to upgrade your BIM 360 Field account to the "Next Gen" release. Learn more about how to integrate your BIM 360 Field "Next Gen" account with HoloBuilder here.
Managing BIM 360 Field issues within the HoloBuilder Web Editor
Create new issues
1. To create a new issue for your BIM 360 Field issue tracker from within HoloBuilder, go to the scene you want to mark an issue in.
2. Rotate the view of the scene to focus on the area in question.
Please note that once you have the 360 markup tools expanded, you cannot rotate the view of on the 360° scene anymore.
3. Open the "Markups" object menu in the lefthand side tool menu.
4. Choose the right markup tool for your purpose from the menu. Learn more about the available markup tools here.
5. Click and draw with the selected markup tool in the 360° scene to mark a certain aspect in it.
Note: The location and orientation of the markup can still be edited later on if necessary.
6. Once the markup was created, the details overview will appear. In the field "Sync with", select "Autodesk BIM 360" from the dropdown menu.
7. In the details overview, fill in all necessary information. Use the "Show more..." option to fill in more details if required.
Note: Only the title and description of the issue are mandatory.
8. Save your issue markup.
Note: Only when clicking "SAVE", the issue specifications will be also forwarded to your BIM 360 Field project. You can now log into your Field account to access and work with the issue you have just created within HoloBuilder. In the issue in BIM 360 Field, you will additionally find a link to open the exact location of your issue in the 360° tour in the HoloPlayer.
Edit an issue
To edit a BIM 360 issue created within HoloBuilder within the HoloBuilder Web Editr, you have 2 options:
1. Navigate to the markup/issue in your project and right-click on it to open the context menu. Select "Edit Markup Details".
2. Open the Markups menu and toggle on the "Markups list" (list icon below the markup tools). A list with all markups/issue in the project will open. Search the list for your issue and click on the pen icon next to the "Title" or "Information".
In both cases the modal to view and edit the details of the issue/markup will show.
Remove an issue
In order to remove an issue, select the corresponding issue markup from the scene and click on the recycling bin that appears on the right. Alternatively, you can open the context menu by right-clicking the markup and select "Delete".
Confirm if you are really sure you want to delete the selected issue.
Note: As for now, when deleting a BIM 360 issue markup within HoloBuilder, the issue will not be removed within the BIM 360 Field issue tracker. Make sure to also close or remove the issue in BIM 360 Field.