You can add different kinds of objects to any HoloBuilder scene in your project to enrich it visually and functionally.
- Start by opening your HoloBuilder project in the Web Editor.
- In the panel on the right side of your screen, find and open the Objects menu, marked by a white cube icon.
- You now have a wide variety of choices between different kinds of objects:
- Custom Objects - Action Objects
- Textured Shapes - Arrows
4. Select your desired object from one of these categories. Find out more about the
different kinds of objects further down in this article.
Alternatively, you can also drag the object directly onto a certain location in the
5. For textured shapes, custom and action objects, a new tab will open, where you
can enter customized information, e.g. an image for the object or a text to be
displayed. Then click ADD/APPLY CHANGES to create the custom object.
6. Arrows and shapes will directly appear in your scene when selected. You can now
move and rotate the object as you like to put it in the desired position in the
Available object types
Augment your scene with custom 2D images, 3D models as well as 2D & 3D text:
- Add 2D/3D Text: Customize and add your personal text directly in your scene, either 2D or 3D. Learn more.
- Add custom 2D images: Upload and add custom 2D images directly in a 360° image, e.g. to cover up specific areas.
- Add custom 3D models: Upload a 3D model from your desktop to be displayed in the 360° scene. Learn more.
Action objects are predefined 2D objects with specific actions attached.
With Textured Shapes, you can add your standard 2D images as rotatable 3D objects. Select a shape and attach an image of your choice to use as a texture for the selected object. The objects will not turn to always face the viewer of a project.
This section includes a variety of 3D arrows to be placed in a scene. Augment these standard 3d objects with actions or change the color (see the modify section).
This section includes a variety of 3D shapes to be placed in a scene. Augment these standard 3d shapes with actions or change the color (see the modify section).