To get started for setting up your Garmin VIRB 360, please download the JobWalk app to your mobile Android or iOS device and log in. You can learn more about how to work with the JobWalk app in the dedicated article.
Connecting from within the JobWalk app (recommended process)
Start the JobWalk App and download/update an existing project or create a new project. Add a new floor plan/sheet or select an existing sheet of the project. Tab on the sheet to place the first image. Follow the instructions below or on the app screen for setting up the corresponding camera connection for your Garmin VIRB 360.
Connecting before starting the JobWalk app
Alternatively, it is also possible to first establish the connection of your mobile device with the camera and open the JobWalk app in a second step. This way you can directly start capturing on your project. Simply follow the steps below for connecting to the Garmin VIRB 360.
When editing an existing project, please make sure to have your HoloBuilder project downloaded/updated before connecting to the camera.
Set up and connect your Garmin VIRB 360 camera with the JobWalk app
Only when the camera is connected via the internal Wi-Fi Network of the Garmin VIRB 360 camera, you can use your smartphone with the JobWalk App to capture images on-site and place them directly on a sheet.
Garmin VIRB 360 setup
Make sure the camera and phone are fully charged before going on-site to avoid any bad surprises during the job walk creation process. You can see an indication whether the battery level on the Garmin VIRB 360 camera is low on the home screen at the top of the camera.
1. Turn on the Garmin VIRB 360 by pressing and holding the power button.
2. On your VIRB 360 camera, from the main menu, select Wireless > Wi-Fi, and select the Wi-Fi toggle switch to turn on the Wi‑Fi radio.
TIP: You can also hold the 'Wi-Fi' button for two seconds to quickly turn the Wi‑Fi radio on or off.
3. The VIRB 360 broadcasts a Wi‑Fi access point. The access point name and password appear on the camera screen. While the Wi‑Fi radio is turned on, the commonly know Wi-Fi icon appears in the upper right corner of the home screen, and the status LED flashes blue periodically.
4. On your mobile device, open the settings app and switch to the Wi-Fi settings.
5. Connect your mobile device to the Garmin VIRB 360's internal Wi-Fi network. Search for the Wi-Fi name that was displayed on the home screen of the camera before and enter the corresponding password to connect to this network.
6. Open the JobWalk app and start capturing.
Note: When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a first instructional screen of how to start capturing with theJobWalk app.
For more information on the JobWalk App and additional compatible cameras, please refer to the following tutorials: