To get started for setting up your Insta360 Pro, please download the JobWalk app to your mobile iOS device and log in. You can learn more about how to work with the JobWalk app in the dedicated article.
Insta360 Pro firmware update
To use your Insta360 Pro 360° camera with the JobWalk App, you need to install the corresponding firmware on your camera first:
- Download the HoloBuilder enabled firmware for your Insta360 Pro here on your computer.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file "Insta360FirmwareUpdate208.zip“ to your hard drive. Inside the extracted folder „208“ you should find a file named „Insta360_Pro_Update.bin“.
- Connect your camera via USB cable to your PC or insert the SD card directly into your PC.
- Copy the „Insta360_Pro_Update.bin“ file into the main directory* of your SD card (not into a subfolder).
Notice: please make sure that you have deleted the previous firmware bin file, and keep the file name (Insta360_Pro_Update.bin) of newly downloaded firmware unchanged; otherwise the system may not be able to automatically identify the latest firmware and thus cannot upgrade regularly.
- Insert the SD card back into your Insta360 Pro camera. Please ensure that the camera’s battery is charged to at least 30% capacity and that the camera is connected to a power adapter. If the camera is in the power-off state, please boot it by pressing the “POWER” key.
- Restart the camera with the „Insta360_Pro_Update.bin“ file in the main folder of the SD card inside the camera. When rebooting, the camera will enter the upgrade stage and process the firmware update. After the installation is done, the camera will restart again.
- Ready for connecting your Insta360 Pro with the JobWalk App.
*The 'directory' of the micro-SD card is simply the highest folder you can drop something into. There will not be a folder named '(main) directory'. You can simply drop the file directly onto the micro-SD card without dragging it into a specific folder.
Set up and connect your Insta360 Pro 360° camera with the JobWalk app
Only when the camera is connected via the internal Wi-Fi Network of the Insta360 Pro camera, you can use your smartphone with the JobWalk App to capture images on-site and place them directly on a sheet.
Connecting from within the JobWalk app (recommended process)
Start the JobWalk App and download/update an existing project or create a new project. Add a new floor plan/sheet or select an existing sheet of the project. Tab on the sheet to place the first image. Follow the instructions below or on the app screen for setting up the corresponding camera connection for your Insta360 Pro.
Connecting before starting the JobWalk app
Alternatively, it is also possible to first establish the connection of your mobile device with the camera and open the JobWalk app in a second step. This way you can directly start capturing on your project. Simply follow the steps below for connecting to the Insta360 Pro.
When editing an existing project, please make sure to have your HoloBuilder project downloaded/updated before connecting to the camera.
Insta360 Pro setup
Make sure the camera and phone are fully charged before going on-site to avoid any bad surprises during the job walk creation process. You can see an indication whether the battery level on the Insta360 Pro camera is low on the display at the front of the camera.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the camera.
- Turn on the own Wi-Fi of the Insta360 Pro by selecting the Wi-Fi switch in the main menu on the camera display.
- Set the connection to "WiFi: AP" to turn on the internal network. The related IP address and the Wi-Fi symbol will be showing at the top of the camera display.
- Open the Settings app on your mobile device and go to the Wi-Fi settings.
- Connect your phone to the Insta360 Pro's Wi-Fi network (which will end in ".OSC"). The default password is 88888888 (eight 8's).
- Open the JobWalk app.
Note: When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a first instructional screen of how to start capturing with theJobWalk app.
For more information on the JobWalk App and additional compatible cameras, please refer to the following tutorials: