To get started for setting up your Insta360 Pro 2, please download the JobWalk app to your mobile iOS device and log in. You can learn more about how to work with the JobWalk app in the dedicated article.
Set up and connect your Insta360 Pro 2 360° camera with the JobWalk app
Only when the camera is connected via the internal Wi-Fi Network of the Insta360 Pro 2 camera, you can use your smartphone with the JobWalk App to capture images on-site and place them directly on a sheet.
Connecting from within the JobWalk app (recommended process)
Start the JobWalk App and download/update an existing project or create a new project. Add a new floor plan/sheet or select an existing sheet of the project. Tab on the sheet to place the first image. Follow the instructions below or on the app screen for setting up the corresponding camera connection for your Insta360 Pro 2.
Connecting before starting the JobWalk app
Alternatively, it is also possible to first establish the connection of your mobile device with the camera and open the JobWalk app in a second step. This way you can directly start capturing on your project. Simply follow the steps below for connecting to the Insta360 Pro 2.
When editing an existing project, please make sure to have your HoloBuilder project downloaded/updated before connecting to the camera.
Insta360 Pro 2 setup
Make sure the camera and phone are fully charged before going on-site to avoid any bad surprises during the job walk creation process. You can see an indication whether the battery level on the Insta360 Pro 2 camera is low on the display at the front of the camera. The Insta360 Pro 2’s battery can be used for about 50 minutes when fully charged. You can prepare several spare batteriesto exchange if necessary.
Important: For use with HoloBuilder, only one MicroSD or SD card is required! Additional memory cards are optional.
1. Press and hold the power button to turn on the camera.
2. Make sure to have the shooting mode selected.
3. Turn on the own Wi-Fi of the Insta360 Pro 2 by clicking on the Wi-Fi logo on the main screen of the camera display (Wi-Fi icon should not be crossed out). The camera will open its own AP hotspot.
3. Open the settings app on your mobile device and go to the Wi-Fi settings.
4. Search for nearby WiFi hotspots, and find the hotspots of "Insta360-Pro 2-XXXXXX", whereas "XXXXXX" is the specific identification number for your camera. Click to input 88888888 (eigth times 8) as a password to connect to your Insta360 Pro 2's hotspot.
5. Open the JobWalk app.
When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a first instructional screen of how to start capturing with theJobWalk app.
NOTE: When capturing with any Insta360 camera, you will notice that the camera switches into Standby mode after 10 seconds of not being actively used. So far, it is not possible to turn off this feature. Just keep in mind that this happens whenever you are capturing images on a job site.
What might also interest you: