To get started for setting up your Insta360 ONE X, please download the JobWalk app to your mobile device and log in. You can learn more about how to work with the JobWalk app in the dedicated article.
Note: For using the Insta360 ONE X camera with the JobWalk app, it is required to have an SD card inserted into the camera.
Set up and connect your Insta360 ONE X 360° camera with the JobWalk app
Note: Before you can use any Insta360 camera with the JobWalk app, you need to register the camera in the dedicated app from Insta360. Please check the setup guide for your camera.
Only when the camera is connected via the internal Wi-Fi Network of the Insta360 ONE X camera, you can use your smartphone with the JobWalk App to capture images on-site and place them directly on a sheet.
Connecting from within the JobWalk app (recommended process)
Start the JobWalk App and download/update an existing project or create a new project. Add a new floor plan/sheet or select an existing sheet of the project. Tab on the sheet to place the first image. Follow the instructions below or on the app screen for setting up the corresponding camera connection for your Insta360 ONE X.
Connecting before starting the JobWalk app
Alternatively, it is also possible to first establish the connection of your mobile device with the camera and open the JobWalk app in a second step. This way you can directly start capturing on your project. Simply follow the steps below for connecting to the Insta360 ONE X.
When editing an existing project, please make sure to have your HoloBuilder project downloaded/updated before connecting to the camera.
Insta360 ONE X setup
Make sure the camera and phone are fully charged before going on-site to avoid any bad surprises during the job walk creation process. You can see an indication whether the battery level on the Insta360 ONE X camera is low on the display at the front of the camera.
1. Press and hold the power/menu button to turn on the camera. The light below the power button will light up first blue then green when the Insta360 ONE X is ready for use.
Note: Make sure to have selected the camera mode. You can change between the camera and video mode by clicking the power/menu button until you see the corresponding mode and confirm.
2. Press the power/menu button again until the settings icon (a gear) appears on the camera display and press the OK/trigger button to open the settings menu.
3. Press the OK/trigger button twice to get to the Wi-Fi Settings overview.
4. Press the power/menu button once and turn on the own Wi-Fi of the Insta360 ONE X by selecting "WiFi: On" on the camera display. Turn the Wi-Fi on or off with the trigger/OK button.
5. Navigate to "WiFi: Password" by pressing the power/menu button again, then press the trigger/OK button to confirm. A Wi-Fi password will be displayed on the screen.
Important: Note down the password for the Wi-Fi to use in the next step when connecting your phone.
6. Open the Settings app on your mobile device and go to the Wi-Fi settings.
7. Connect to the Wi- Fi hotspot created by the Insta360 ONE X (which will end in ".OSC"). Enter the password from step #5.
8. Open the JobWalk app and start capturing.
9. When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a first instructional screen of how to start capturing with the JobWalk app.
NOTE: When capturing with any Insta360 camera, you will notice that the camera switches into Standby mode after 10 seconds of not being actively used. So far, it is not possible to turn off this feature. Just keep in mind that this happens whenever you are capturing images on a job site.
What might also interest you: