Before you can start capturing images with your Ricoh Theta SC2 for Business, the 360° camera needs to be connected to your mobile device:
Connecting from within the JobWalk app (recommended process)
Start the JobWalk App and download/update an existing project or create a new project. Add a new floor plan/sheet or select an existing sheet of the project. Tap on the sheet to place the first image. Follow the instructions below or on the app screen for setting up the corresponding camera connection for your Ricoh Theta SC2 for Business.
Connecting before starting the JobWalk app
Alternatively, it is also possible to first establish the connection of your mobile device with the camera and open the JobWalk app in a second step. This way you can directly start capturing on your project. Simply follow the steps below for connecting to the Ricoh Theta SC2 for Business.
When editing an existing project, please make sure to have your HoloBuilder project downloaded/updated before connecting to the camera.
Set up and connect your Ricoh Theta SC2 for Business 360° camera with the JobWalk app
Only once the camera is connected via the internal Wi-Fi Network of the Theta SC2 for Business camera, you can use your smartphone with the JobWalk app to capture images on-site and place them directly on a sheet.
Ricoh Theta SC2 for Business setup
Make sure the camera and phone are fully charged before going on-site to avoid any bad surprises during the job walk creation process. When the battery level on the Ricoh Theta SC2 for Business camera is low, the power button will flash blue.
- Press the power button on the camera to turn on the camera.
2. If necessary: Press the Mode button on the side of the Theta SC2 for Business to enable the mode "room". You should see a room icon in the center of the small screen at the front of the camera. Usually, "room" is the standard mode when turning on the camera. If you see e.g. a video camera icon instead, switch to the "room" mode using the Mode button on the side of the camera.
3. Press the wireless button on the side of the Theta SC2 for Business. The WLAN-feature will be activated and the wireless symbol will flash on the OLED-screen.
4. On your phone, open the Settings and go to the Wi-Fi settings of your phone.
5. Select the SSID of your camera from the network list and enter the password.
6. Switch to the JobWalk app.
Note: When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a first instructional screen of how to start capturing with the JobWalk app.
Or, if nothing happens, tap on the sheet to start capturing your site.
What might also interest you:
- Capture 360° photos and create tours with the JobWalk App
- Hardware recommendations
- When to use HDR in the JobWalk App