Please note that currently the Insta360 ONE X can only be used with iOS devices.
To get started for setting up your Insta360 ONE X, please download the JobWalk app to your mobile iOS device and log in. You can learn more about how to work with the JobWalk app in the dedicated article.
Insta360 ONE X firmware update
To use your Insta360 ONE X 360° camera with the JobWalk App, you need to install the corresponding firmware on your camera first. This step is only necessary once when setting up your camera the first time:
- Download the HoloBuilder enabled firmware for your Insta360 ONE X here on your computer.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file "Insta360OneXFirmwareUpdate.zip“ to your hard drive. Inside the extracted folder „208“ you should find a file named „Insta360_Pro_Update.bin“.
- Connect your camera via USB cable to your PC and make sure the camera is turned on. Or, use an adapter to insert the SD card directly into your PC.
Please ensure that the camera’s battery is charged to at least 30% capacity and that the camera is connected to a power adapter. If the camera is in the power-off state, please boot it by pressing the “POWER” key.
- Copy the „InstaONEXFW.bin“ file into the main directory* of your SD card (not into a subfolder).
Notice: please make sure that you have deleted the previous firmware bin file, and keep the file name (InstaONEXFW.bin) of newly downloaded firmware unchanged; otherwise the system may not be able to automatically identify the latest firmware and thus cannot upgrade regularly.
- Turn off the camera and unplug it from the computer.
Alternatively, if the SD card was removed from the camera, insert the SD card back into your Insta360 ONE X camera.
Restart the camera with the „InstaONEXFW.bin“ file in the main folder of the SD card inside the camera. When rebooting, the camera will enter the upgrade stage and process the firmware update.
Note: The text “FW Checking“ and then “FW Update Start“ on the LED screen indicate the firmware update was detected and has been initiated.
- After the installation is done, the camera will restart again.
- Ready for connecting your Insta360 ONE X with the JobWalk App.
*The 'directory' of the micro-SD card is simply the highest folder you can drop something into. There will not be a folder named '(main) directory'. You can simply drop the file directly onto the micro-SD card without dragging it into a specific folder.
Set up and connect your Insta360 ONE X 360° camera with the JobWalk app
Only when the camera is connected via the internal Wi-Fi Network of the Insta360 ONE X camera, you can use your smartphone with the JobWalk App to capture images on-site and place them directly on a sheet.
Connecting from within the JobWalk app (recommended process)
Start the JobWalk App and download/update an existing project or create a new project. Add a new floor plan/sheet or select an existing sheet of the project. Tab on the sheet to place the first image. Follow the instructions below or on the app screen for setting up the corresponding camera connection for your Insta360 ONE X.
Connecting before starting the JobWalk app
Alternatively, it is also possible to first establish the connection of your mobile device with the camera and open the JobWalk app in a second step. This way you can directly start capturing on your project. Simply follow the steps below for connecting to the Insta360 ONE X.
When editing an existing project, please make sure to have your HoloBuilder project downloaded/updated before connecting to the camera.
Insta360 ONE X setup
Make sure the camera and phone are fully charged before going on-site to avoid any bad surprises during the job walk creation process. You can see an indication whether the battery level on the Insta360 ONE X camera is low on the display at the front of the camera.
1. Press and hold the power/menu button to turn on the camera. The light below the power button will light up first blue then green when the Insta360 ONE X is ready for use.
Note: Make sure to have selected the camera mode. You can change between the camera and video mode by clicking the power/menu button until you see the corresponding mode and confirm.
2. Press the power/menu button again until the settings icon (a gear) appears on the camera display and press the OK/trigger button to open the settings menu.
3. Press the OK/trigger button twice to get to the Wi-Fi Settings overview.
4. Press the power/menu button once and turn on the own Wi-Fi of the Insta360 ONE X by selecting "WiFi: On" on the camera display. Turn the Wi-Fi on or off with the trigger/OK button.
5. Navigate to "WiFi: Password" by pressing the power/menu button again, then press the trigger/OK button to confirm. A Wi-Fi password will be displayed on the screen.
Important: Note down the password for the Wi-Fi to use in the next step when connecting your phone.
6. Open the Settings app on your mobile device and go to the Wi-Fi settings.
7. Connect to the Wi- Fi hotspot created by the Insta360 ONE X (which will end in ".OSC"). Enter the password from step #5.
8. Open the JobWalk app and start capturing.
Note: When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a first instructional screen of how to start capturing with theJobWalk app.
For more information on the JobWalk App and additional compatible cameras, please refer to the following tutorials: