If you already have a HoloBuilder project including the sheets, you can manually create 360 views in your 3D model and upload these to the existing HoloBuilder project.
Please note that the 360 views will be uploaded loosely to the HoloBuilder project. The 360 views need to be manually attached to a sheet within the connected HoloBuilder project.
Make sure to have the HoloBuilder Add-In for Navisworks installed correctly. To confirm the successful installation, check for the “Export Add-Ins 1” section in your Navisworks working environment including the HoloBuilder tool set.
Uploading 360 views of your 3D model from Autodesk Navisworks to an existing HoloBuilder project
There are 2 steps to create and upload 360 views of your 3D model to a HoloBuilder project:
- Add 360 viewpoints: Manually set the locations in your 3D model where you want to "capture" the 360 renderings
Export to HoloBuilder: Choose an existing HoloBuilder project and upload the 360 views to that project.
Note: If you already have a HoloBuilder project including sheets and waypoints/location markers, you can also use the "Link to HoloBuilder sheet" option to automatically create the corresponding 360 views. Learn more here.
- Optional - View/edit project in HoloBuilder: Link the newly imported 360 views to the right location on your sheets in the web editor and add TimeTravels with the JobWalk app. Share and view your project in web viewer.
Please note that this tutorial is to upload 360 Navisworks views to an existing HoloBuilder project (with sheets). To create a completely new project from within your HoloBuilder Navisworks Plug-In, please follow this tutorial.
- Create 360 viewpoints for your 360 renderings (locations) -
1. Navigate to the location that you want to export as your first 360° view rendering using the "Fly feature".
2. Optional: Enable all relevant layers again, e.g. the (roof) top, if something is disabled that should be in the 360 view.
3. Select “Add 360 Viewpoint” in the Export Add-Ins 1 section of the menu bar to place a view that will be rendered as 360° image and later uploaded to HoloBuilder.
- After placing the “360 Viewpoint” you will find it in the right sidebar in the in the “Saved Viewpoints” sidebar under the “HB 360 Views” folder.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for all the locations/360 views that you want to export to HoloBuilder.
- Export project from Navisworks to HoloBuilder -
1. When you have placed all “360 Viewpoints” that you like to export to HoloBuilder, click on the “Export to HoloBuilder” button in the HoloBuilder Add-In section.
2. Deselect all the “Sheet Viewpoints” as you don't want them in your project export.
3. Select the “360 Viewpoints” that you want to upload to your HoloBuilder project.
Please note that the 360 views will be added loosely to the selected HoloBuilder project and need to be merged manually to sheets or even existing waypoints in the Web Editor.
4. HoloBuilder Uploader opens to manage the export:
- Sign in to your HoloBuilder account in the uploader.
- Choose a HoloBuilder project from the projects list to upload the 360 views to.
- Optional: Add a label to tag the Navisworks 360 renderings - e.g. "Navisworks" - in your project. You can later use this to filter your project.
- Wait for the upload to hit 100%: All your 360 Viewpoints and Sheet Views will be uploaded to HoloBuilder and you’ll find the 360° Views placed on the Sheets inside the HoloBuilder Web Viewer that opens up.
- Edit the project in the Web Editor or JobWalk App.
Edit the project
An exported Navisworks project can be edited like any other project in HoloBuilder with both, the web editor as well as the JobWalk app. Simply log into your HoloBuilder account to access the project on your PC or download it to your mobile device to continue capturing progress with the JobWalk app.
As the 360 views will be uploaded without any connection to a sheet, you might want to manually link them to sheets you have uploaded directly to your HoloBuilder project.
- If your HoloBuilder project has already waypoints, you can use the scene merge functionality to merge the Navisworks 360 views to existing 360 images. Learn more here.
Alternatively, you can also use the "Link to HoloBuilder sheet" option in your HoloBuilder Navisworks Plug-In to directly generate the 360 views according to the existing waypoints or location markers on your HoloBuilder sheets. Learn more here.
- If your project has no existing 360 images yet, you can manually link the 360 views to the existing sheets by dragging the 360 viewpoints from the project panel (left) onto the corresponding location on the sheet map.
View the HoloBuilder project
Once the upload of the exported Navisworks project was completed, you can view the project directly in the browser. View, share and navigate the project through the waypoints on the sheets or the Project Panel on the left side of the screen.
Additional tutorials for working with the Navisworks Plug-In
- How to install the HoloBuilder Navisworks Add-In
- How to create a completely new project within Navisworks
- How to add Navisworks 360 views to existing waypoints in HoloBuilder