Whether you capture daily, weekly, or monthly project updates, our patented features allow you to manage your site documentation all in one place and keep your stakeholders up to date. With the TimeTravel feature you are able to organize all your progress documentation in one HoloBuilder project.
Add TimeTravel scenes either directly on site with the JobWalk App or upload them on your desktop PC to directly edit them.
Learn how to add TimeTravels in
- the Web Editor - see below
- the JobWalk App - learn more
Adding TimeTravels in the Web Editor
The structure of your project will stay the same while adding multiple TimeTravels to each scene. However, any object or action that you added to your initial scene will not be automatically transferred to the TimeTravel scenes of that scene and needs to be added separately for each TimeTravel.
- Open your HoloBuilder project in the Web Editor.
- Click on the plus button at the bottom of the project panel on the left-hand side of your screen. A pop-up opens for adding new scenes, sheets and TimeTravels.
- Select the tab TimeTravel Scenes to add a TimeTravel to one or more scenes of the tour, so-called hotspots. Note that it is only possible to add a TimeTravel to one hotspot at a time. However, you do not have to add one for each of the hotspots in your project.
- Upload the desired TimeTravels for the project either by dragging and dropping one or more images onto the highlighted area. Alternatively, you can browse the corresponding images by clicking on the highlighted area.
Same as with the dragging and dropping, you can select one or more images to be added at once from the browsing window.
- Select the sheet to add the new Time Travel scenes to.
To get additional help on how to add a TimeTravel, watch a short tutorial video.
All selected files will be added to the merge view as shown in the image below. The merge view allows you to connect the TimeTravel scenes with the corresponding hotspot. You have three options for merging the scenes accordingly:
Select the MERGE ALL button at the top of the merge view to directly merge each TimeTravel scene with its opponent. The scenes will be matched horizontally with the corresponding hotspot. If there are more hotspots than new scenes, then only the hotspots opposite to a new scene will be merged with the corresponding scene.
This option is very practical and fast. However, you need to make sure that the new Time Travel scenes are in the same order as the initial hotspots before merging all.
You can rearrange the TimeTravel scenes in the merge view by drag and drop.
Merge the top two:
You can always merge one pair at a time by clicking the arrow between the two images at the top. Either directly merge the top two scenes or rearrange before merging the top two scenes before merging.
Merge by drag and drop:
If the TimeTravel scenes are not in the right order and cannot be merged directly with their opponent, simply click and hold the according TimeTravel scene in the column New Scenes. Drag the selected scene onto the corresponding hotspot scene in the left column (see image below). Release the dragged scene to merge it with the hotspot scene.
Any merged scenes will be moved below the MERGED line. You can only merge one new scene to a hotspot scene in one step. Merged scenes will be moved from the merging area.
Note that you can only merge one new scene to one hotspot scene. Any extra scene in any of the two columns will simply stay unmerged.
Undo a merge
- To undo a merge during the merging process, simply click on the scene with the arrow on it in the New Scenes column (see image below). Both, the hotspot scene as well as the new scene, will return to the merging area, available to be remerged.
- Complete the merging process by clicking the DONE button and return to the
Editing your Time Travel scenes
1 Adding actions and objects
Add any objects, actions or animations to any scene as you are used to. Both, the hotspot scene as well as the time travel scene can be enriched as usual. Keep in mind, that you need to edit each time travel iteration individually. Your inserted object, actions or animations will not be applied to each iteration automatically.
2 Setting the orientation of a TimeTravel scene
You can set the orientation of a scene for each scene individually. Select the hotspot scene or any of its TimeTravel scenes and click on the Scene button in the sidebar. You can rotate the scene in any orientation you like.
To set a default view for any scene, select the right scene, rotate the scene to the desired view and click on the little camera symbol next to the scene’s preview in the scene panel on the left.
Keep in mind, that you need to edit each TimeTravel iteration individually. Your default view of a scene will not be applied to each iteration of the scene automatically.
3 Changing or rearranging a TimeTravel scene
Drag and drop the scenes in the project panel to rearrange, e.g. within a sheet.
- To reorder the TimeTravels listed in the TimeTravel drop-down menu, you need to adjust the timestamp in the scene properties of the TimeTravel scene you want to rearrange. Save the new time stamp.
- If the drop-down does not refresh immediately, switch to another scene and back.
- Change the 360° image of a TimeTravel scene by selecting it and clicking the two facing arrows next to the scene preview.
- Browse for the new 360° image on your local drive and apply it. All added action objects etc. will stay the same.
- If you need to delete a TimeTravel, find this article to help you.
4 TimeTravel Viewer Mode
View the TimeTravel project in your browser on the desktop or a mobile device. The TimeTravel scenes will be accessible with the drop-down menu in the upper left corner – below the sheet integration if added.
- Click the drop-down menu to open the available TimeTravels.
- Select the state of the scene you want to view by clicking on the corresponding timestamp entry.
You can switch between the different states of a scene by repeating this process.
- Change to another scene and access the TimeTravels of this location.